After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin, I started my career in financial services in 1996 selling mutual fund portfolios by cold-calling prospects. The interactions were impersonal and intrusive. I did not enjoy it, and it likely created my first bias against "selling" products in financial services.
Since that initial experience, I have built a career in financial services by building my knowledge in different areas of the industry with an eye towards always serving the best interests of clients through a consultative approach. I have held positions spanning from customer service and operations to technical financial planning support of financial advisors. As a private banking representative, I have worked directly with high net worth clients to develop custom financial plans to pursue their retirement, estate and distribution goals, and I have worked as a portfolio manager to implement the investments needed to pursue those goals.
Most recently, I served as the Chief Investment Strategist and Senior Portfolio Manager of a national financial services firm. In my capacity as Senior Portfolio Manager, I built and ultimately was directly responsible for the portfolio construction and investment selection of an investment program with over $2 billion in assets. As Chief Investment Strategist, I was responsible for communicating the firm's investment philosophy by writing economic and investment updates. In my role as Chief Investment Strategist, I made multiple appearances including on:
Despite a successful career working for banks and financial services firms, it has long been my desire to apply what I have learned by working directly with clients and families and to help them pursue their financial goals. So, after two decades of experience, I left the corporate world and founded Sanitas Wealth Management. I am excited for the opportunity to make a difference in the financial lives of families in Boulder and the surrounding communities.
Education and Professional Designations:
For more information on professional certifications, please click on the certification below to link to the granting organization.
- Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Science in Financial Analysis from College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Financial Analyst Designation
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(TM) Certificant
- Chartered Financial Consultant© Designation
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst Charter
- Enrolled Agent
- Colorado Insurance Producer
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 (Not affiliated with a broker/dealer)
- I am a member of the Boulder Valley Rotary Club, a civic organization dedicated to helping out in the community. I'm actively involved as a member, helping out with the annual coat drive, organizing the Boulder Valley Beer Fest fundraiser, and other volunteer activities. I was awarded the Service Above Self award for the 2018-2019 Rotary year.
- Sanitas Wealth Management is a member of the Boulder Chamber of Commerce.
I was born in South Africa and moved to the United States with my family at the age of 11. We moved to a town on the outskirts of Dallas, Texas. In 2001, I proudly was granted U.S. citizenship. Along with my wife Samantha, we moved to Boulder because we love the outdoors and the active lifestyle afforded by Colorado, and Boulder seems to be the epicenter of outdoor living. On weekends you can generally find us hiking somewhere in the foothills. In 2014, I completed my first full IronMan race in Whistler, Canada, and as Boulder seems to be home to many professional endurance athletes I hope some of that skill will rub off and that I will compete again in the future.
My wife and I welcomed a baby boy to our family in 2019.